Thursday, September 12, 2013

CHANGING Lives!

Ok, not me. I'm talking about Crossfit! I officially drank the kool-aid. Best. Decision. EVER!

My local box offered a six week "Jump Start" program. This seemed like the perfect opportunity for me to get my feet wet. I was a little hesitant to start Crossfit because everyone I know who does it is super athletic and in terrific shape; this is not me! So, this "Jump Start" program is just that, a jump start to fitness. It's also women only, which I think was better for me, personally, as a starting point. This program offers a limited class size, as well, so there is a lot of personal attention.

This blog post is long overdue because I am actually heading in to my last week of the program! But, I am happy to announce that I am officially addicted. I will be switching over to normal Crossfit classes very soon. Our current class is much like regular Crossfit classes, with one exception; there is probably more instruction in the beginning. Other than that, we end up doing the same WODs (workout of the day) the other classes are doing.

We have an AH-mazing coach, Katie, who has been so wonderful for me. She knows we are stronger than we think and she makes us see just that. She's always smiling, always positive and is always believing in us. She relates to us: "When I first started, I had the same problem" or "mine didn't bend that way either at first". This has made such a difference in my journey thus far. I was sad to learn that she will be leaving us shortly. Her hubby's job is causing them to move. I will miss her and all she has done for me (and the other girls) but I am forever greatful!

Crossfit is the PERFECT atmosphere for me. There is so much motivation, mass amounts of comradery, and plenty of competition. They tell us it's not a competition, but I am a very competitive person so I am going to make make everything into a competition! Just for personal motivation, of course.

I've met some amazing people and have pushed myself further than I ever thought I could go. I greatly look forward to the things I will accomplish and the barriers I will obliterate.


See you at the Box!!

No comments:

Post a Comment