That SOMETHING lately has been pumpkin and lots of it. I'm in search of the perfect Paleo Pumpkin muffin/bread and have subjected my friends to be my
The first one I tried was Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins from PaleOMG
These turned out pretty good but I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin and chocolate together. I was hoping for something very pumpkin-y and these didn't quite hit the spot
I tried these again without the chocolate chips and I think they taste much better, however still not enough pumpkin.
The second recipe that I tried was Pumpkin Spice Bread from The Barefoot Cook. These had a lot more pumpkin in them but the spices were overwhelming. The lingering taste was Allspice and it masked the flavor of the pumpkin. I plan to modify the recipe so that it has less spice and more pumpkin.
Do you have a favorite Paleo treat? If so send me your recipes and I will test them out!
Pumpkin Spice Bread (modified)
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 cup roasted pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients and spices together in medium-large sized bowl.
- Mix wet together in smaller bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry and mix together until smooth.
- Pour batter into muffin tins
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for approximately 22 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool on rack