Monday, October 28, 2013

PUMPKIN!

It's FALL and the weather is starting to finally feel like the season.  There is a slight chill in the air and it makes me want to BAKE! Cold weather and baking go hand and hand, and there's nothing like the smell of fresh baked SOMETHING in my house!

That SOMETHING lately has been pumpkin and lots of it.  I'm in search of the perfect Paleo Pumpkin muffin/bread and have subjected my friends to be my Guinea Pigs taste testers.

The first one I tried was Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins from PaleOMG
These turned out pretty good but I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin and chocolate together. I was hoping for something very pumpkin-y and these didn't quite hit the spot

 I tried these again without the chocolate chips and I think they taste much better, however still not enough pumpkin.

The second recipe that I tried was Pumpkin Spice Bread from The Barefoot Cook.  These had a lot more pumpkin in them but the spices were overwhelming.  The lingering taste was Allspice and it masked the flavor of the pumpkin.  I plan to modify the recipe so that it has less spice and more pumpkin.

Do you have a favorite Paleo treat?  If so send me your recipes and I will test them out!


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment