Tuesday, February 4, 2014

As promised a cold weather recipe that was Delish. Creamy Asparagus Soup

Creamy Asparagus Soup

2 tablespoons of coconut or olive oil
1/4 cup of chopped shallots
1 pound of asparagus steamed (I used a package of frozen asparagus and sautéed them until tender)
Black pepper to taste
2 cups of chicken stock
I cup of full fat coconut milk (I used one can)

Easy directions:
Heat oil in a large sauce pan. Sauté the shallots for 5 minutes or until tender. Place the shallots and the steamed asparagus in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Season with black pepper.
Transfer the asparagus puree back to the sauce pan. Add the remaining ingredients and heat to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes and serve.
Serves 4

I loved this soup, but I also love asparagus. I'm sure the soup would also be fantastic using broccoli or cauliflower instead of asparagus.....Ohhh loaded cauliflower soup with bacon and green onions sounds fantastic. I will come up with a recipe for that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment