I have such a horrible, nagging sweet tooth. It tortures me day and night. Eating a delicious, sweet piece of fruit just doesn't cut it. Although a wonderful alternative, it just doesn't do it for me. I like to play around with baking which is great but also not a good idea if you don't want all the yummy baked goods lying around the house. If they are there, I WILL eat them! Simplest solution to that: bake wonderful yummies, eat one or two, quickly give the rest away. It's win-win-win, right??
Here is a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that is also paleo! Make them. Eat them. Enjoy them.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts**
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1/4 cup palm shortening (or butter)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (gluten, dairy, soy free)
- 1/2 cup walnut halves (optional but encouraged!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Sift almond flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl.
- In a stand mixer cream shortening and palm sugar together. Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts (if using).
- Use a small cookie scoop or large spoon to scoop out balls of cookie dough – each cookie approximately 2 tablespoons. Roll into balls.
- Place on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet and flatten out the dough into the thickness you like – the dough does not spread when cooking.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes.
Makes roughly 2 dozen cookies
**This original recipe can be found over at Paleo Spirit