The most difficult part of making these was forming them into the balls as it is very messy, especially if you roll them by hand. I think the coconut oil gives them a lower melting point, so if you make them for a party, keep them in the fridge or freezer until it's time for dessert!
- 10oz 60%-100% dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (skim from the top of a can of coconut milk)
- 1-3 tablespoons pure extract of your choice to taste
- Coatings: 100% chocolate powder, unsweetened shredded coconut, chopped nuts or melted chocolate
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-proof bowl and melt using 30 second cycles.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave separately and add to the melted chocolate. Stir together.
- While the mixture is still warm, quickly add in the coconut milk (try to use milk that's at room temperature) and add extract.
- Mix well.
- Place in freezer for 2 hours.
- Using a melon scoop or just using a spoon, scoop out small chunks of chocolate and form it into balls in your hands.
- Add the coating of your choice by rolling the chocolate ball through the coating or dipping in melted chocolate.