Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mud is Good for the Skin, RIGHT??

I sure hope it is because, come Saturday, I will be covered in it!

On the 13th the hubby and I, along with a few friends, are going to be celebrating our wedding anniversary by participating in the Warrior Dash!! Two of our other Bloggers, Stefanie and Andrea, just competed in the Dash in Lake Elsinore. And they killed it! I hope to do half as good as they did. Really, my only goal is to finish, preferably unscathed.  

Being new to running, it is important for me to have goals. 5Ks are a great way for me to have that driving force. If I have something to look forward to, it keeps me going.

We ran our very first 5k a couple weeks ago. The event itself was a disaster (that's a long story for another day, but I can say this: DO NOT do the Neon Run! This is not to be confused with the Neon Splash Dash). But the actual running-of-a-5k thing went great. I surprised myself at how well I did! Even though the Warrior Dash is full of obstacles, I am still pretty confident I can conquer it. 

The hub and I are a bit obsessed with races at the moment. Though we've only completed one run, here is what our upcoming schedule looks like:

  • April 13 - Warrior Dash (5K w/ obstacles) - My goal is to finish and not die.
  • April 20 - Pat's Run  (4.2 miles, longest run of my life) - My goal is to run the entire thing without stopping and a director at work has presented a challenge to everyone: beat his time and he refunds your entry fee! Not sure that's feasible but would definitely be the icing on the cake.
  • May 11th - Neon Splash Dash (5K at night covered in glowing paint) - Hoping this event isn't a bust like our first 5K and just want to have fun
Hub wants to eventually run a marathon, perhaps by next year. I'm not sure that is a goal of mine just yet, but it would be an amazing feat!

What kind of fun things do YOU do to get moving??


**The above picture is NOT of me but I hope to be that happy when caked in mud.




No comments:

Post a Comment