Thursday, April 25, 2013

Music Rocks the Soul

     I don't know about you, but I love music. I listen to a vast array of genres, but some bands get me going infinitely more than others. I have my chill moments where some Jack Johnson, O.A.R., or Bright Eyes hit the spot but when it comes to working out, I need some seriously upbeat tunes to jam out to.

     In our garage gym you will usually find the likes of Avenged Sevenfold, Godsmack, Metallica, Rise Against or Chevelle vibrating the walls (sometimes even the neighbor's). Some may consider it "angry" music, but for me it just gets my blood pumping and pushes me through those last couple reps. A7X most definitely helps me push my limits.

     When running, I just need a fast beat. Nothing in particular gets me going, as long as I can time my stride with the beat and it doesn't hold me back. Whether it's Maroon 5, any of the aforementioned rock/metal bands, 90's pop songs, 90's punk, or even some Presidents of the United States of America (yes, I most absolutely STILL listen to them) if it pushes me to keep going, I'll rock it in my headphones.

What are your favorite workout songs/bands??

No comments:

Post a Comment