Why is vegan such a bad word? Some people look at me like I just ate their first born. Which I wouldn't do, of course, I don't eat meat.
So let me clear a few things up:
- No, I'm not a member of PETA. Most of my bags and some of my shoes are made of leather. (Vegan hasn't made its way to other aspects of my life *yet*.)
- Yes, I get plenty of protein, but thanks for your concern.
- I'm not on a diet, it's just my lifestyle.
- I eat things such as; Chick'n & Turk'y. Tofurky was the main course at Christmas dinner.
- I'm not a hippy but I do make some damn good homemade granola.
- I am still on the fence about honey. Technically speaking, honey is not vegan. But, it's a wonderful, natural sweetener and still finds its way into some of my recipes.
- If you eat meat, I don't care, won't judge you and will never try to convert you to the dark side.
Well, I guess it's out there! I'm a vegan and there's nothing you can do about it. Please don't disinvite me from your barbeques; I can and will eat the shit out of some grilled veggies!!